The Department is seeking an individual with experience in working within a community of diverse
students and colleagues. Successful candidates will by their administrative, coaching, leadership or
service demonstrate they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of athletics, the department
and our community.
Department Chair & Director of Athletics
General Job Functions:
Supports the chair/director in the overall leadership of the academic PERA Department; Oversees the intercollegiate athletics program and two functional support areas, including day-to-day leadership and operations working with multicultural groups of people in support of PERA goals, consistent with the mission of the college.
● Supports the chair/director in the overall leadership of the PERA Department; serves as
leader in their absence.
Fosters an environment of learning and development for all members of the department; participates in professional development opportunities provided by the College, Department and external associations.
Supervises Department-wide events as part of the administrative team.
Serves on Department and College-wide committees, seeking leadership opportunities.
● Provides leadership and oversight of head coaches in all aspects of their program.
Oversees goal setting, supervision, planning, recruiting, scheduling (practice.
competition, travel and training trips), and budget management.
Assists in the hiring of multicultural assistant coaches including development of
duties & responsibilities and evaluation process working with head coaches.
Leads activities for recruitment of diverse prospective student-athletes.
● Supports the annual faculty and staff evaluation process through regular input and feedback
Works closely with the department chair as part of the annual assessment process for full-time teacher-coaches.
Manages diverse and inclusive professional development opportunities for athletics working with head and assistant coaches; supports department-wide programming; leads efforts of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee.
Manages the student-athlete evaluation questionnaire (SEQ) processes for all teams and senior exit interview process.
● Leads all aspects of compliance with NCAA, NEWMAC and other Sport Governing rules
and regulations. Works with Faculty Athletics Representative to ensure communication and
commitment consistent with College and NCAA expectations.
● Provides leadership, in coordination with Faculty Directors, to PERA in areas of student
health and well-being.
● Serves as the department liaison to Admissions & Financial Aid, Dean of Students (I.E.,
Residence Life, Class Deans, Health & Counseling services, Disability Services), Career
Education, Diversity & Inclusion and Institutional Research.
● Leads Department activities for First-Year Orientation and overall development of athletes;
coordinates with recreation and physical education.
● Oversees athlete award nominations, including the application process working with FAR.
● Head Coaches of Varsity Sports
● Director Level Faculty/Administrators
● PERA Interns
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY HERE: https://wellesley.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/wellesley-staff/job/Wellesley-College/Senior-Associate-Director-of-Athletics-and-PERA_R0000143