Men's and Women's Golf Assistant Coach-Part Time
Months Per Year: 9
Seattle University is a highly selective, independent, Catholic, Jesuit institution adjacent to downtown Seattle, and is seeking a dynamic and proven athletics department professional to serve as its Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Golf.
Located on Capitol Hill, one of Seattle’s most vibrant neighborhoods, Seattle University is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and currently enrolls more than 7,400 graduate and undergraduate students within nine schools and colleges. Seattle University is among the most diverse independent universities in the West: 40 percent of its students are from ethnically diverse backgrounds and students come from 77 nations and all 50 states.
The university’s athletic program fields 21 Division I intercollegiate teams (9 men’s and 11 women’s) and is comprised of more than 350 student athletes. The Redhawks, Seattle University’s athletic teams, compete in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) in all sports and have an excellent track record of achievement both on the field and court and in the classroom. In the five years with the WAC, the Redhawk teams have a combined 51 WAC conference titles, including both team and individual championships.
This .75 FTE position is responsible for supporting the implementation of the Head Coaches plan to create a competitive and well-rounded intercollegiate Men’s and Women’s Golf program to include the holistic development of individual student-athletes.
Essential Job Functions
• Demonstrate compliance with all Association (NCAA), Conference (WAC), and University rules and regulations by athletes and supporting staff
• Communicate consistently with head coach, administration, and peers about program goals, status, and needs
• Coordinate campus visits for prospective student-athletes (PSAs)
• Identify and recruit potential high school and community college PSAs
• Assist with recruiting material and process to include recruiting quality prospective student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions
• Assist in developing and facilitating daily training regimens for student-athletes
• Provide tactical and technical instruction for the development of highly competitive student-athletes, both in individual and team practice sessions
• Ability to play competitively with student-athletes during practices, as requested
• Manage video set-up and analysis; understand Trackman/be willing to learn
• Assist with home and away tournament preparation/logistics as assigned
• Travel with team to tournaments, and events as assigned
Schedule and manage team travel, including lodging, transportation and meal arrangements in accordance with budgetary restrictions
• Assist with administrative requirements as well as perform other off court duties including social media, fundraising functions, team meetings, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach
• Work closely with the Head Coach with overall administration of the program, as well as assist in directing the Volunteer Assistant Coaches and any other assigned staff member
• Support and encourage academic success and the development of the whole person
• Support facility access and relationship building with our supporters in the golf industry
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Positive attitude and enthusiasm
• Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, reliability and willingness to learn
• Ability and willingness to work well with others and get along with a diverse population of students
• Ability to recruit and retain high caliber student athletes; demonstrates the ability to handle organization of training, practice and game strategies; and have proven ability to communicate constructively with student athletes
• Individual must have the ability to communicate effectively with staff and faculty, must embody the highest of ethical standards and must demonstrate respect the Catholic, Jesuit values of the University
• Prior experience coaching golf at DI, DII or touring professional coaching level experience is preferred.
• Competitive personal playing experience, high-level playing Skills (collegiate and/or professional playing experience and/or college coaching and/or high-performance coaching experience
• Must be willing to travel and be available to work flexible hours including weekends
• Valid Driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university’s transportation policy
• Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
Benefits at a Glance
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuits value, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage, and plan for your future with a generous 10% employer contribution for retirement benefits. You may also take advantage of 100% tuition remission benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Christmas break closure, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to attach an electronic cover letter and resume when applying. Persons who need assistance with the recruitment process may contact the Office of Human Resources at: 206-296-5870. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1638397