Scope: Create, plan, and implement donor, channel, and data management strategies for all on-line and direct
mail donors. The Associate Manager will be responsible for growing a robust pipeline of donors from annual
donors to mid-level donors to major gift donors. In addition to overseeing direct mail and online solicitations,
the Associate Manager will qualify suspect donors via phone and email. This is an exciting opportunity for a
leader that is prepared to excel in a fast-paced environment within a growing Development Team.
• Plan, develop, implement and monitor comprehensive and integrated direct marketing solicitation strategies to
secure donations through direct mail, online/digital giving and engagement campaigns that inspire donors to
make a gift to WSF.
• Collaborate with the Development team and Program staff to design and refine strategy, timing, messages and
• Segment donors and tailor appeals and messaging after grouping our audiences to improve fundraising
• Work with multiple internal constituents; identify and proactively manage external third-party vendors such
as graphic designers, print vendors, mail houses and postal authorities, from bidding process to completion
• Utilize all available and appropriate communication channels in delivery of donor correspondence, including
direct mail, website, social media, email, and mobile platforms.
• Guide and participate in the creation of direct mail and e-mail content, including working with other staff to
craft effective solicitations. Draft and edit direct mail, e-mail, digital communication for style, accuracy,
grammar, spelling and punctuation, and prepare for publication.
• Facilitate copy review and input process for messaging/brand effectiveness for all annual campaigns.
• Ensure all communications are clear, fair, timely, appropriate, and that each is relevant to WSF’s work and
• Work with Communications and Marketing staff to develop giving messaging in all appropriate materials on
and off line.
• Closely manage marketing campaign costs and internal resources to ensure budgets are used as effectively as
• Oversee integration of program impact and donor involvement/engagement on all on and off-line
• Works closely with the Development team to diversify and expand the donor base.
• Responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of direct mail and on-line donors.
• In collaboration with the Development team, identify top prospects and their organizational interests to
maximize donor relationships and provide appropriate opportunities for further stewardship and giving.
• Oversee the creation and implementation of giving circles to tailor stewardship strategies by given level and
• Research and prepare confidential donor and prospect reports for use by the Senior Leadership Team and
Trustees in cultivating and soliciting prospects.
• Help analyze prospect research to assist senior staff in developing strategies and individualized cultivation
• Create library of content that can be shared with individual donors.
• Prepare letters, brochures, and other materials to be shared with donors and prospects regarding annual
fund, planned giving and major giving.
• Collaborate with the Development & Event Manager to plan and execute stewardship events and
• Assist with the planning and execution of fundraising activities around National Girls & Women in Sports
Database, Analytics and Administration
• Understand database processes for capturing gift, demographic, and other data. Appropriately segment
donor data for outreach.
• Manage data query projects with the Development & Database Coordinator to ensure accuracy of the list.
Create electronic data files of mailing lists for annual giving solicitations and related mailings.
• Track results, analyze and report ROI and cost-benefit analysis of direct marketing projects.
• In collaboration with the Development & Database Coordinator and the Development & Event Manager,
track incoming gifts and help manage WSF donor acknowledgement process and preparation of tailored
acknowledgement letters for donors
• Maintain and update donor records in Salsa CRM to reflect ongoing research, cultivation, solicitation, and
• Provide general administrative assistance (correspondence, meeting notes in donor records, proposal
• Participate in team and staff meetings and respond to projects as needed by Senior Director of
Email cover letter and resume to: HR@WomensSportsFoundation.org (Resumes without a cover letter will not
Attn: Natoya Curd, Senior Director, Operations & Administration
Subject: Associate Manager, Direct Marketing & Annual Giving
In 2015, the Women’s Sports Foundation adopted the “Hucles Rule,” a hiring guideline that states that an elite athlete must be interviewed for each WSF job opening. The Women’s Sports Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.