The Associate Manager, Advocacy plays an integral role on the Women’s Sports Foundation’s Advocacy Team.
This individual will possess a strong passion and knowledge for WSF’s mission, and advocacy topics including
gender equity, Title IX, and diversity and inclusion in sports.
1. General Advocacy Responsibilities
• Assist with incoming Title IX and gender equity inquiries (email and phone).
• Manage the updating of equity statistical documents for WSF and public reference.
• Maintain a productive and efficient working relationship with the Advocacy Committee,
including creation and distribution of meeting minutes.
• Assist with creation and editing of advocacy communications as needed, including but not
limited to: weekly advocacy updates, quarterly advocacy newsletters, and success stories.
• Assist in the planning and execution of WSF Advocacy’s participation in various conferences
including the UN’s Commission on the Status of Women.
• Manage the collection and compilation of information from all relevant departments in order
to draft WSF’s quadrennial report to maintain UN ECOSOC status.
2. Sports Advocacy Network (SAN)
• In concert with the Advocacy Team, assist with all facets of annual SAN event(s) and
correlated ongoing activities.
• Manage the drafting of event communications and materials.
• Manage listserv to facilitate ongoing communication between meeting attendees.
3. National Girls & Women in Sports Day (NGWSD)
• Contribute to the successful planning and execution of NGWSD including effective
communication with all relevant WSF departments and external stakeholders.
• Assist with planning and execution of the advocacy component of NGWSD in Washington, DC.
• Provide forward-thinking ideas that will allow WSF to realize the full potential of NGWSD.
• Build a roster of nationwide grassroots events and effectively communicate with those
stakeholders to provide WSF resources and learn more about planned events to identify
potential success stories and engagement opportunities.
4. Advocacy Grant Programs
• Contribute to the successful execution of grant programs falling under the purview of the
Advocacy department, including the WSF’s Tara VanDerveer Fund for the Advancement of
In 2015, the Women’s Sports Foundation adopted the “Hucles Rule,” a hiring guideline that states that an elite athlete
must be interviewed for each WSF job opening. The Women’s Sports Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Women in Coaching and the Scott Pioli and Family Fund for the Advancement of Female
Football Coaches and Scouts.
• Effectively communicate with the steering and judging committees and grant recipients for
• Under the guidance of the Senior Manager of Advocacy, manage the judging process for both
5. General Responsibilities:
• Fulfills requests and completes assignments in a timely manner, including meeting established
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and
a commitment to quality.
• Contributes to the maintenance and good working relationships with all members of the staff,
boards, donors and the public.
• Contributes to the development and execution of department goals.
• Follows developments in the fields of marketing and partnerships, non-profit fundraising, etc.,
using this information to help the Foundation operate with initiative and innovation.
• Meets established deadlines; fulfills requests and completes assignments in a timely manner.
• Engages in external activities that build relationships with current and potential partners.
• Demonstrates a commitment to critical organization values and to diversity in all
programming materials under his or her control.
• Contributes to the general financial stability and success of the Foundation.
• Maintains outreach to internal departments to enhance productivity and program quality; at
all times exercising good judgment, maturity and diplomacy.
Email cover letter and resume to: HR@WomensSportsFoundation.org (Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed)
Attn: Natoya Curd, Senior Director, Operations & Administration
Subject: Associate Manager, Advocacy