Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (2 Positions)
Requisition Number: 2021S040Posting
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Department: Strength & Fitness
Colgate University, a Division I member of the Patriot League Conference and ECAC, seeks two highly motivated individuals for the positions of Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Reporting directly to the Director of Strength and Conditioning, the individuals hired will be responsible for a variety of men's and women's contact and non-contact sports. This includes ensuring a safe and effective working environment in the varsity weight room, strength and conditioning program development and implementation for assigned sports and working closely with the sports medicine program within university, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
Accountability for execution of specific strategic activities and outcomes within the assigned sport or area. These will include sustained performance and execution in the following areas:
- Ensuring training philosophies are approved by the Director of Strength and Conditioning
- The use of independent discretion and judgment in creating strength and conditioning programs for assigned sports programs
- Instructing student-athletes in proper and safe weight training techniques, plyometrics, speed development drills, conditioning exercises and agility movements that are current and scientifically valid
- Effectively communicating with a diverse population of student-athletes
- Responsible for overall strength and conditioning program development, execution and instruction as it pertains to student-athlete sport performance and physical well-being including:
- Program development based on sport specificity, seasonality and competitive strategy, progressive instruction and acclimation, sports nutrition education and counseling, and injury rehabilitation programming and instruction
- Independent and unchallenged decision-making regarding all student-athlete participation in strength and conditioning activities. Accountable for student-athlete welfare while coaching
- Ensures all student-athlete injuries are properly reported to appropriate medical staff and that student-athlete injuries are accommodated appropriately in student strength and conditioning program
- Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and protocols ensuring a safe and effective environment in the varsity weight room by inspecting all equipment, appropriately setting up the facility and monitoring each team's training sessions, when staffing permits
- Responsible for role modeling behaviors and leadership for student-athletes
Accountable for maintaining personal compliance with all relevant governing bodies including:
- specific conference
- athletic department
- university policies
Colgate Athletics Mission: To be an inclusive community of competitive excellence
Athletics Department Virtues:
Thoughtful - Careful, reasoned, inclusive thinking
Driven - Relentless, energetic, focused pursuit of courageous goal
Enthusiastic - Passionate, positive, fun presence
Cohesive - Close—knit, collaborative, consistent teamwork
Bold - Creative, resourceful, fearless winners
This position has been designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), in accordance with the federal statutory requirements of the Jeanne Clery Act. CSAs are required to and responsible for reporting allegations of crimes they receive from students and employees to the Campus Safety Department.
Strong work ethic and excellent communication skills required.
Prior coaching experience and/or graduate assistantship or internship in a Collegiate Strength & Conditioning setting.
Two years of coaching at the collegiate level.
Strong background in teaching or coaching Olympic/Ground-based movements.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Health, Physical Education, or related field is required.
A Master’s degree in Exercise Science, Health, Physical Education, or related field is preferred.
Colgate University is committed to the principle of institutional control in administering its athletics program in a manner consistent with the NCAA, ECAC, and Patriot League rules. Each individual involved in the athletics division is obligated to maintain competency and knowledge of the rules, to act within his or her realm of responsibility in full compliance with the governing legislation, and to report any violation of NCAA, ECAC or Patriot League rules of which he or she is aware. Should a situation warrant further investigation, you have an affirmative obligation to cooperate full in the infractions process, including the investigation and adjudication of a case. The failure to do so can be grounds for your termination with cause.
Weekdays, with occasional evenings, overnights and weekends.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: https://www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/2298887
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.