Assistant Athletic Trainer
Requisition Number: 2021S100Posting
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Department: Sports Performance
Colgate Athletics seeks to be a welcoming and diverse association of students, coaches, staff, alumni and fans in which all people are treated equitably and respectfully, and can contribute fully to our success; we share common goals, we affirm open communication and civility, we honor the sacredness of each person, we accept responsibility to act for the common good, we care for and serve one another, and we honor our history while celebrating our evolution; and, we strive to consistently perform at the upper range of our potential, to get better every day with a goal to win – to win in competition, in the classroom, in the community and in the lives of every member of the Colgate Community.
This is a full-time, 10 month position with the months of June and July off. Benefits continue for the 12 months. This position will work primarily with Women's Soccer and Women's Lacrosse.
• Coordinates medical care operations of several designated varsity sports.
• Responsible for the overall operational functions and strategies of assigned varsity sports. This includes:
- This includes the prevention, care, rehabilitation, appropriate specialist referral [A1] and emergency management (including spine boarding, oxygen use, CPR/AED) of the team's injuries.
- Daily recording and evaluation of practice, treatment and injury logs to be completed and communicated to appropriate personnel after each practice/training session
- Daily recording of all physician notes
- Daily recording and review of all student-athlete files regarding recovery progression and symptoms
- Daily communication between physicians, strength & conditioning personnel, coaching staff, academic adviser, and athletic administrators regarding student-athlete status.
- Responsible for completion and submission of all insurance claims
- Responsible for communicating effectively with insurance companies
- Responsible for inventory and facility management
• Responsible for supervision of all operational functions regarding practice and home game medical coverage of all intercollegiate athletic events per department sport coverage strategy, as assigned
• Responsible for coordinating and direct communication with university physician for assigned sports
• Complete, independent and unchallengeable decision-making authority regarding all student-athlete participation in any and all sport activities.
• Complete, independent, and unchallengeable decision-making authority regarding all rehabilitation plans and return-to-play programs regarding all student-athlete participation in any and all sport activities.
• Complete, independent and unchallengeable decision-making authority regarding all weather related activities.
• Responsible for preparing and executing pre-participation screenings as assigned. To include:
- Medical History information acquisition (obtaining information from home, involved physicians, and other specialists) ; anthropometric measurement; musculoskeletal screening; Baseline concussion testing; organize physician exam; final clearance documentation.
• Ensures personal compliance to standards of clinical care, operating under University Physician's professional license.
• Responsible for collection of all appropriate NCAA, and University medical forms per University policies
• Responsible for the effective supervision of student assistants within the Colgate Student Assistant program, including hiring, scheduling, evaluation, daily operations, training and employment status of student assistants. Independent discretion to terminate student employees.
• Ensures all pertinent and reported student-athlete injuries are properly communicated to University medical staff and NCAA.
• Responsible for maintaining an effective relationship with Strength and Conditioning staff to ensure student-athlete safety by fostering good communication and maintaining basic knowledge of the strength and conditioning field. Certification through National Strength and Conditioning Association and Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Association may enhance relationship.
• Responsible for maintaining a budget. Exercises independent discretion on all purchases and budgetary decisions for assigned sport programs.
• Accountable for maintaining personal compliance with all relevant governing bodies to include:
- specific conference
- athletic department
- university policies
• Responsible for role modeling behaviors and leadership for student-athletes.
Colgate Athletics Mission:
To be an inclusive community of competitive excellence
Athletics Department Values:
Thoughtful - Careful, reasoned, inclusive thinking
Driven - Relentless, energetic, focused pursuit of courageous goal
Enthusiastic - Passionate, positive, fun presence
Cohesive - Close—knit, collaborative, consistent teamwork
Bold - Creative, resourceful, fearless winners
This position has been designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), in accordance with the federal statutory requirements of the Jeanne Clery Act. CSAs are required to and responsible for reporting allegations of crimes they receive from students and employees to the Campus Safety Department.
- A minimum of one year experience as a professional, graduate assistant or intern is required.
- Candidates must possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal), computer skills and a knowledge and commitment to all University, League, and NCAA regulations.
- Must be NATABOC and NYS (eligible) certified.
Experience in a college athletics setting is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree is required.
A Master’s degree is preferred.
Colgate University is committed to the principle of institutional control in administering its athletics program in a manner consistent with the NCAA, ECAC, and Patriot League rules. Each individual involved in the athletics division is obligated to maintain competency and knowledge of the rules, to act within his or her realm of responsibility in full compliance with the governing legislation, and to report any violation of NCAA, ECAC or Patriot League rules of which he or she is aware. Should a situation warrant further investigation, you have an affirmative obligation to cooperate full in the infractions process, including the investigation and adjudication of a case. The failure to do so can be grounds for your termination with cause.
Weekdays, with occasional evenings, overnights and weekends.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: https://www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/2550761
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.