Assistant Athletic Trainer (71101)
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Do you have a penchant for health and fitness? Do you have a desire to work in Higher Education? Pratt Institute has a position that may be right for you. Pratt's Student Affairs division is looking for an Assistant Athletic Trainer. The Assistant Athletic Trainer will assist and serve under the supervision of the Associate Director for Athletic Training, Student Wellness, and Academic Success as an athletic trainer for all student-athletes at Pratt Institute. The Assistant Athletic Trainer must be able to build positive relationships with scholar-athletes, coaches, staff, and campus partners.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is a full-time, 9-month position (Mid-September to Mid-June).
The Athletics and Recreation Department is committed to providing a wide range of activities and services that assist Pratt students of various backgrounds and abilities in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Pratt Institute has an athletics history dating back to the founding of the institution. Currently, Pratt is a member of NCAA Division III and the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (C2C) but will be a member of the Atlantic East Conference beginning in the summer of 2024.
ABOUT PRATT INSTITUTE
Pratt Institute provides the creative leaders of tomorrow the professional knowledge and experience to make a better world. A world-class and internationally ranked college with programs in art, design, architecture, liberal arts and sciences, and information studies, Pratt offers nearly 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The Institute's impact expands beyond its 25-acre residential campus in Brooklyn to cutting-edge facilities throughout the borough, a landmark building and public gallery in Manhattan, as well as an extension campus, PrattMWP College of Art and Design in Utica, New York. On Governors Island, Pratt is a core partner on the Stony Brook University team selected to develop the New York Climate Exchange, a research and educational hub poised to establish New York City as the global leader for the most pressing issue of our time: climate change. Another extension of Pratt's campus is the Research Yard, a 20,000-square-foot facility that brings together the research activities of Pratt Institute under one roof in the Brooklyn Navy Yard (BNY).
Since its founding in 1887, Pratt has prioritized diversity and inclusion, welcoming students from all walks of life while developing and sustaining pathways to more equitable workplaces and careers.
Pratt and its exceptional faculty pride themselves on being academically excellent as well as leaders in both in-person and online learning. Pratt students are part of a collaborative, interdisciplinary, research- and inquiry-based education that prepares them for success in creative fields and professional practice. With a long-held commitment to the communities of New York, Pratt partners locally through the Pratt Center for Community Development to work for a more just city. The Institute also offers a variety of programs for local pre-college and continuing education students in the Center for Art, Design, and Community Engagement K-12 and the School of Continuing and Professional Studies. Additionally, Pratt partnered with Bank Street College of Education and the NYC Department of Education to develop and launch a new public high school situated in downtown Brooklyn dedicated to design and social justice, Design Works High School, opening in fall 2023.
● Assists the Associate Director for Athletic Training, Student Wellness and Academic Success for all sports and provides coverage for all athletic teams.
● Helps develop and implement policies and procedures for athletic training programs.
● Arranges for and assist with pre-season physical examinations for all sports; and helps coordinate physical screenings to detect pre-existing conditions that would limit or prevent participation in intercollegiate athletics.
● Responsible for working in conjunction with other health care providers with regard to student-athlete care and rehabilitative protocols.
● Provide care for visiting teams when they are unable to provide their own medical staff.
● BOC certified along with NYS license
● First Aid and CPR AED Certification
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree from an accredited Athletic Training program preferred.
Experience: Two years experience working with athletic teams
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
● Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
● First Aid and CPR/AED instructor certification
● Experience using Sportsware
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The salary for this position is $5700/month. The position requires in-person presence.
● 403B Retirement Program
● Supplemental Retirement Account
● Tuition Benefits for Employees and Dependents
● Tuition Exchange Program
● Summer hours
● Flexible Spending Accounts - commuter, medical, dependent care
● Childcare Benefit
● Basic life and AD&D insurance provided by Pratt
● Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Coverage
● Paid time off - vacation days, sick leave, and major holidays off
● Additional Perks - free entry to select museums and cultural institutions, free use of campus recreation facilities, affordable
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4567085
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.