Programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels in sports management.
This job has been viewed 372 times.
Coach - Assistant/GA
Job Title: Assistant Softball Coach (2nd Assistant)
Organization: Bucknell University
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Visa Sponsorship: Company will not provide international visa sponsorship
||Bucknell University seeks an Assistant Softball Coach (2nd Assistant) responsible for on-field coaching and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I Softball program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist/lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
2. Assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program.
3. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
4. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate Departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate and assess for a specific geographical area or position group
5. Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate Departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
6. Work with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
8. Teach in Departmental wellness program as assigned.
9. Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty and the general public.
10. Maintain current CPR and First Aid Certifications.
Bachelors Degree required.
Collegiate playing/coaching experience preferred.
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/g5jd4qz
Softball - Fastpitch Softball
Gender Classification: Not Specified
Note: Gender describes the team or individuals being coached, trained, supervised
or taught. It does not refer to the job applicant.
|Organization and Contact Information
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, 17837, United States
Profile: Bucknell University is a private liberal arts university located alongside the West Branch Susquehanna River in the town of Lewisburg, in central Pennsylvania, United States. The university consists of the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Management, and the College of Engineering. Bucknell was founded in 1846, and features programs in engineering, management, education, and music, as well as programs and pre-professional advising that prepare students for study in law and medicine. It has almost 50 majors and over 60 minors.
Our Low Prices for Job Listings
7 days: $45.00
15 days: $55.00
21 days: $75.00
30 days: $95.00
45 days: $135.00
60 days: $175.00
6 months unlimited postings: $345
1 year unlimited postings: $435
|Grants and Funding
Grants and Funding courtesy of Women's Sports Foundation.
|Sports Destination Network
Saving our clients' two most valuable resources: time and money.