Marietta College is an independent, selective, coeducational, residential, liberal arts college of 1,200 graduate and undergraduate students located in the historic river city of Marietta, Ohio. The city of 15,000 is part of a larger metro area of 150,000 located about two hours from Columbus and Pittsburgh.
The College traces its roots to 1797, was formally chartered in 1835, and was awarded a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in 1860, only the 16th institution in the nation then so honored. Today, Marietta College is recognized annually by the U.S. News and World Report as one of the top regional liberal arts colleges in the Midwest, while the community is regularly cited for its high quality of life and reasonable cost of living.
Creating a vision and recruiting for the establishment of a NEW NCAA Division III WOMEN'S LACROSSE program.
Essential duties, but not necessarily limited to:
• Create from scratch a brand new, NCAA, Division III lacrosse program from a vision for future learning outcomes and life-long values.
• Recruit, by all established and contemporary means within the NCAA guidelines, prospects that fit the Marietta admissions profile and will yield an initial class of fifteen recruited student athletes by the fall of 2018.
• Research, understand and comply with governing body bylaws for: Marietta College, NCAA, Division III; OAC; USILA
• Hire, supervise and evaluate a part-time assistant coach
• Meet and inspire alumni for referrals and program support
• Schedule and manage practices and games
• Plan and execute specific roster goals and team membership procedures.
• Create, approve and oversee training cycles for group and individual workouts.
• Manage budget including use of operating and restricted accounts.
• Schedule facility use and work cooperatively on facility overlap.
• Manage equipment and storage spaces effectively.
• Professionally role-model for assistant coaches, athletes and foster cooperative work environment for all constituent groups at the College.
• Monitor student athletes' academic progress and promote use of campus resources to assist them.
• Fundraise by methods agreed upon with the administration.
• Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
• Serve the campus community by accepting committee appointments, attending recruitment functions, attending events that support the College traditions.
• Other duties as assigned by Athletic Director and Physical Education Department Chairperson, most likely to include aspects of game management, facility supervision, life time fitness instruction or something similar.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, master's preferred in area related to physical education and/or athletic administration; 3 to 5 years of experience in coaching lacrosse; proven ability to identify and recruit student-athletes to a selective liberal arts colleges; sport specific knowledge in all positions; strong interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and time management skills, proven ability to work in a team environment; certified in CPR/AED; certifiable to drive for College business.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/mrfvnyb8tzqznkns