• Develop, lead and execute a strategic communications plan for the conference across all traditional, social and digital
media platforms to expand the conference’s brand, presence and exposure.
• Develop and implement a tracking, analytics and reporting system to regularly assess the conference’s strategic
• Collaborate with the content and digital media team regarding:
o Creative social and digital media content production and distribution, including creative and video elements.
o Relevant website content, general releases and other communications and public relations materials.
o Development and maintenance of a content management plan.
• Collaborate and engage with the conference’s social media community from all nine member institutions to increase
institutional and league-wide exposure.
• Coordinate communication, branding and marketing initiatives through championships, corporate partners and
other external opportunities through the conference’s email marketing system and other activation tools.
• Regularly track and stay current with evolving trends and platforms in social and digital media, including cultivation
of relationships with key partners and influencers within the sports and social media industries.
• Serve as primary public relations and media coordination contact for select sports.
• Assist the commissioner and senior associate commissioner on special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Travel and some evening and weekend work is required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested
applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (as a PDF document) to the America East Conference via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include links to or PDF attachments of at least two social media campaigns (e.g., posts, graphics, metrics) or a link to a professional website that includes work samples of such campaigns. Applications with any of the requested pieces above missing will not be considered. Women and ethnic and racial minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package included.