REPORTS TO: Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Point Park University, a private, urban, student and career-oriented university in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh is seeking a Director of Athletics. Founded in 1960, Point Park University provides a full range of higher education programs from Bachelors to PhD to nearly 4,000 students. The University sponsors seventeen (17) women and men’s intercollegiate sports and is a member of the River States Athletic Conference of the NAIA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement specific athletic programs; direct and coordinate a full range of athletic department services and programs. Ensure compliance with NAIA regulations.
- Promote successful academic achievement of student-athletes by addressing the needs of student athletes (including advising, tutoring, early warning/intervention systems, and other appropriate services available online or on campus).
- Oversight for the recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of coaching staff, training staff and student personnel assigned to the department.
- Develop annual athletics department budget; review and control expenditures from athletic accounts.
- Provide leadership in athletics fundraising activities. Responsible for compliance with all NAIA and River States Athletic Conference rules, regulations, and procedures; develop, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures for department operations.
- Coordinate and supervise athletic recruitment efforts with the Office of Admissions and Office of Financial Aid.
- Collaborate with the Office of Student Affairs to ensure integration with student-centered and student services programming. Collaborate with various other Student Affairs offices in the implementation of educational programs for drugs and alcohol, sexual assault prevention (Title IX), violence and the “Coaching Boys Into Men Program”.
- Collaborate with the University’s faculty athletics representative.
- Responsible for completion and submission of the annual Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act report.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all university personnel and maintain open communication and public relations with students, faculty, staff, administration, parents, alumni, media and community supporters.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.