The Development & Database Coordinator is a vital member of the Women’s Sports Foundation Development team, playing a key role in supporting senior leadership and Development staff responsible for the annual fund; the annual gala; major gifts; events; institutional giving; publications and stewardship. He or she will work closely with the Development Manager and the Director of Development.
He or she is responsible for administrative support, gift processing, database entry, developing reports, prospect research, and correspondence for individual, foundation and corporate gifts.
He or she is responsible for data entry; data structure; report customization and analysis; policies & procedures; and data quality control. In addition, the Development & Database Coordinator is responsible for the processing of contributions and acknowledgements and is the point of contact for the reconciliation of all contributions with Finance. The Development & Database Coordinator will also provide tactical solutions for implementation of tasks related to the database.
The position requires meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated ability in the administration of donor database software.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
1. Donor Relations
• Prepare and generate timely acknowledgement letters related to donations, pledges, tribute gifts, bequests, matching gifts, special appeals, stock gifts, donor events, restricted gifts, etc.
• Track and process all pledges, produce monthly reports to facilitate pledge follow-up mailings
• Execute fulfillment mailings including welcome packets, thank you letters, cards and direct marketing appeals as needed
• Respond to information inquiries from annual fund mailings including planned giving, gift opportunities and other special requests
• Update donors with current pledge/giving information
• Oversee and maintain current database records and paper files on major donors and prospects
2. Database Entry/Gift Processing
• Track and process all gifts
• Enter donations into the database on a daily basis
• Work with accounting to ensure all donations are processed and recorded appropriately
• Perform research and update/create database records on major gift prospects as requested by Director of Development or other staff
• Set up pledges and matching gifts on donor records in database
• Work with Director of Development and Director of Operations to establish and maintain best practices and procedures
• Liaise with Operations and Finance staff to ensure all steps of transaction processing are efficient and timely
• Reconcile gifts monthly with the finance department
• Support the finance department during the annual audit
• Submit annual reports and financials to nonprofit rating agencies
3. Data Audit/Maintenance/Donor Analytics
• Troubleshoot issues and maintain the overall quality and integrity of the donor database
• Maintain highly accurate and current donor data that effectively tracks key information, cultivation activities and histories, and solicitation and reporting calendars
• Update of database, specifically donors with current address, title, and bio information from a variety of sources, lists, directories, etc.
• Create and manage ongoing data hygiene processes
• Execute “de-duping” of duplicate database records
• Create and generate various dashboard/income reports
• Performs queries and generate various lists as requested for events, mailings or e-appeals
• Establish and codify database best practices and provide database training for the staff
4. General Responsibilities
• Provide support to Senior Management as required
• Handle other data entry requests/projects from the other departments as assigned
• Participate in special projects and team/staff meetings
In 2015, the Women’s Sports Foundation adopted the “Hucles Rule,” a hiring guideline that states that an elite athlete must be interviewed for each WSF job opening. The Women’s Sports Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Natoya Curd, Director, Operations & Administration at HR@WomensSportsFoundation.org. No Calls Please.