The Associate Athletic Director for Facilities reports to the Deputy Director of Athletics for Capital Projects and Operations, but works closely with all NUDAR staff. The major responsibility of the position is the maintenance and development of all Athletics facilities, specifically the NEW Ryan Fieldhouse and Walter Athletics Center opening in Summer 2018 and the renovated Welsh-Ryan Arena opening in Fall 2018. Additional duties include the coordination of facility renovations and construction, and the staging of all athletic, recreation, and special events. The position will also have budget control responsibilities, direct contact with university and physical plant personnel, and direct supervision over assistant directors of facilities and operations for athletics and recreation. As an Associate AD, this position will be recognized as a leader within the Department by having a seat on the Northwestern Athletics and Recreation Senior Staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Hire, train, direct, schedule, and supervise facility daily operations for all Athletics and Recreation facilities.
- Responsible for the scheduling of all Athletic and Recreation Department facilities. Develop a calendar to project usage and anticipate needs.
- Coordinate facility usage on a daily basis and handle all schedule conflicts.
- Develop policies (including delineation of priorities) regarding facility usage and communicate these policies to students, coaches, staff, faculty and the public.
- Develop master schedules for day-to-day and annual use of practice and event facilities for each department.
- Publish and circulate weekly schedule of department facility uses, including events and practices.
- Responsible for presenting the CFO an annual budget for facility maintenance including building, utilities, grounds, and custodial maintenance.
- Direct and request appropriate University physical plant personnel to complete needed custodial, landscaping and facilities maintenance when problems arise. Develop work order form for requisition and direction of physical plant personnel materials, and labor.
- Design and implement a planned maintenance program for all athletic and recreation facilities including a task and frequency schedule.
- Responsible for all department security and fire safety.
- Negotiate service operations contract with University and physical plant offices.
- Supervise all remodeling/special maintenance work. Monitor all related account budgets.
- Responsible for budget activity of special Facilities Maintenance Budget of Physical Plant office.
- Assign permanent custodial and maintenance personnel work tasks as needed.
- Assist in the development of long-term planning for department facilities. Help with the coordination for the implementation of athletics facilities and recreation master plan.
- Attend facility construction meetings.
- Educate boosters on permissible NCAA rules and regulations.
- Responsible for adhering to all Department and University policies and procedures, as well as the rules, regulations, bylaws and interpretations of the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA.
- Other duties as assigned.
Go to link.