General Advocacy Work
• Assist with advocacy communications, including:
o Drafting content for quarterly newsletters
o Assisting in weekly newsletter content
o Formatting approved content for quarterly and weekly department newsletters using Salsa Engage
• Respond to incoming advocacy inquiries; serving as a resource to constituents seeking guidance regarding Title IX and gender equity issues
• Monitor advocacy issues in the news, flagging relevant items for WSF attention
• Sports Advocacy Network (SAN): assist in managing logistics for the event including invites, RSVPs, PowerPoint
• Support all advocacy related projects as needed
• Coordinate promotional efforts for WSF mobile game PLAY IX, including concerted outreach to target markets and monitoring of metrics
• Liaise with developers to ensure proper maintenance and smooth running of PLAY IX.
National Girls and Women in Sports Day Coalition
• Under the guidance of Director of Advocacy, manage the NGWSD Coalition
• Coordinate with Education department for smooth DC-based girl serving event
• Conduct outreach to colleges and youth serving organizations to encourage and cultivate community-based events
• Fulfills requests and completes assignments in a timely manner, including meeting established deadlines.
• Attends and participates as a positive contributor in staff, department and project team meetings.
• Contributes to the maintenance of good working relationships with all team members through a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, respect for the competency of others and adherence to WSF policies.
• If applicable, supervises interns, volunteers, staff or third party consultants under their direction in a manner that demonstrates a clear delineation of work, the ability to hire/retain quality relationships, to
keep a commitment to diversity in hiring and to promote professional growth for subordinates.
From $35,000 To $40,000
In 2015, the Women’s Sports Foundation adopted the “Hucles Rule,” a hiring guideline that states that an elite athlete must be interviewed for each WSF job opening. The Women’s Sports Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Natoya Curd, Director, Operations & Administration at HR@WomensSportsFoundation.org. No Calls Please.